Today is my last full day in Europe/the UK. I'm taking one last trip out of London for the day to a town called Towcester near Northampton. It's along a road called Watling Road that is one of the first raods in England dating back to the Romans. That's pretty much where the excitement ends. Otherwise it's one more village surrounded by farms.
Yesterday, I went with a colleague from our London office to a town called Taunton in the West of England. We left from Paddington Station; I got a chance to quickly look over by tracks 6&7 to see if there was a bear, but didn't find one. The station is very large and impressive. It was interesting though that we essentially crossed the width of Britain in about 2 hours flat - not a very large country in some respects.
Over the weekend, on Saturday, I visited Westminster Abbey, the British Museum and Covent Garden markets. The I went out with another of the attorneys from the office to watch a rugby match between England and Scotland (yes, essentially football, but without the helmets) at a pub in Leicester Sq.
Sunday, I visited the National Galleries and viewed the Impressionist and some other European paintings from 1600 on in their collection. Then, after I had lunch, it started to rain a little, so I decided it probably wasn't the best day for sightseeing and settled in at the hotel for the afternoon and evening, watching some more rugby and a football match.
I can't wait to get back and see everyone again.
Love you all,
Mark
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment