Monday, March 3, 2008

Cologne at last!

Well, it turns out that the train I got on was not the correct one, so it took an extra hour to get to Cologne from Frankfurt. I got on a delayed local that showed up on the right track at the right time, instead of the express train that I was supposed to take. It ended up being a more scenic ride as well I found out - it goes through all of the towns and cities along the Rhine on the West side of the river; the express is on the other side and you don't see much.

The train station is literally next to the Cologne cathedral - I think it was only declared finished last century or maybe in the 1800's, and my undestanding is that it is constantly being worked on - you can see scaffolding on the church in the video.

The Hilton hotel where I'm staying is off to the right about a block away from where I took the video clip.


I didn't realize I was grimacing so much when I took the video clip, but it was on the cold & windy side...

Miss you & love you all.

Mark

No comments: